We Sea Learning Differently
Welcome to our community ...
When you join our Connected Learner Experience, you will actively collaborate in a dynamic online community of fellow learners, and ultimately create a custom learning experience and product that you design.
- Need to work in groups on a project or idea...
- Need to stay in touch while away from your classroom...
- Need to work with other educators, students or parents on a committee, team or professional development idea...
- Need to create, communicate and collaborate with other educators, students and parents...
We created a virtual community for educators, students and parents. We understand the need for education to have access to new ways of doing things, in this the 21st Century. We invite you to come in, take a look around, form a private group and explore our resources in an all inclusive environment.
We also partner to support you in creating your own community for your organization. Access to our communities allows you to create Groups then connect, create, share, communicate and collaborate with other educators, students and parents.
We built the Groups4Schools community in partnership with Wiggio Inc. We partner to build private branded communities for others. If you or your organization have a need for your own community we can help you get there. See what we helped BioScience PEI and Science Atlantic achieve in supporting outreach to students and teachers. After the build we can stay on to train you on the features and resources while supporting your members. Once you are ready to go it on your own we will still be in the background should you have technical or user support needs....
All our communities have access to the same sets of all inclusive resources. Access to our Groups4Schools community or the one you build allows you to:
- create groups where you invite people to be members or contacts
- create files (built in editor), link to, edit, revise, save, share, upload, download. View multiple formats (built in viewer)
- store files of all types online in a folder system for your groups
- create discussions and follow the threads, archives the conversations
- create a chat session, schedule and meet live online, archives the sessions chat
- host a conference call, no operator required, moderate your own calls
- host a virtual web meeting with VOIP or call in numbers, whiteboard, file and desktop sharing, videos/audio, chat, host 25 attendees
- send emails, texts, voice and video notes
- create a to-do list, assign tasks and responsibilities, modify as you complete tasks
- schedule and manage events with the calendar
- create a poll to see how things are going and get feedback
- receive notifications & confirmations of everything you and the group members do
Sir Ken Robinson - How to escape educations death valley..
Sir Ken's other talks on youtube..
Click here to hear more talks...
The Edmonton Model - Interview with Angus McBeath
Connected Learning Communities
Will Richardson PLN's
PLN for Educators
Future of Learning Environments